The Arab coalition intercepted and destroyed an explosive-laden drone and a ballistic missile launched by the Houthis toward Saudi Arabia late Saturday.
The drone attempted to target the Kingdom’s southern region while the ballistic missile was headed toward Jazan, the Saudi Press Agency (SPA) quoted the coalition spokesman Col. Turki Al-Malki as saying.
Both attacks were intercepted, coalition spokesman Col. Al-Maliki said.
Cross-border attacks by Iran-backed Houthi forces have escalated since late May, when a truce prompted by the coronavirus pandemic expired.
On Thursday evening, the joint coalition forces had intercepted and downed a bomb-laden drone and ballistic missile headed for the Kingdom.
Al-Malki said joint coalition forces intercepted and destroyed the drone launched by the Houthi militia from the Yemeni capital of Sanaa targeting civilians in the southern region.
Earlier on Monday, the Houthi militia launched a military projectile from inside the Yemeni territory toward a border village in Jazan region.
The projectile damaged two adjoining houses and a vehicle but no fatalities or injuries were reported, Civil Defense authorities said.