‘It’d be difficult for Suarez to become a Juventus striker’ – Barcelona star unlikely to move to Turin, says Pirlo

Five years since the arrival of Luis Suárez to Barça

The Bianconeri boss does not expect the Uruguayan forward to join his squad ahead of the new Serie A season

Andrea Pirlo has admitted that it would be “difficult” for Luis Suarez to become a Juventus striker, and that the Barcelona star is unlikely to move to Turin this summer.

Goal has reported that Suarez wants to be granted a free transfer away from Camp Nou with his full salary of €14 million (£13m/$17m) guaranteed for the 2020-21 season.

The 33-year-old has reached an agreement with Juve over a €10 million (£9m/$12m) per season contract, and completed a language exam in Turin ahead of the proposed move on Thursday.

Editors’ Picks

However, Barca are refusing to give in to Suarez’s contract demands, despite the fact that Ronald Koeman has made it clear that the Uruguayan does not fit into his plans ahead of the new campaign.

Juve have seemingly already moved onto their next target, with Edin Dzeko now on the verge of completing a €16m (£15m/$19m) switch to the Allianz Stadium from Roma.

Goal understands that the Bosnian frontman has been offered a two-year deal with the Italian champions, but Suarez insisted that a move to Juve could still be on the cards when speaking to Gazzetta dello Sport earlier this week.

Pirlo broke his silence amid the ongoing speculation surrounding the Barca star’s future at a press conference on Saturday, claiming it may now be too late in the transfer window for a deal to be arranged.

“Passport times are long, it’d be difficult for him to be a Juventus striker,” the newly-appointed Juve boss told reporters.

Share
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Leave a Reply